Packet Content (approx.): 75 Pelleted Seeds
Petunia Multiflora Reflection Mix F1 (Pelleted) Outstanding mixture of veined types from the Mirage series. Will produce a superb bedding or hanging basket display. The Petunia is still one of the most popular flowers. In window boxes or overhanging a terrace wall their riot of color in enchanting. Petunias like the sun and often bloom within 2 months from seed and continue until frost.
- Almost no other annual flower succeeds so easily or as well as Petunias when planted in a sunny position.
- For denser plants and more flowers pinch or shear when 6 inches tall and keep faded flowers picked.
- Really outstanding in beds, pots or hanging baskets.
Early February sowings will flower from early May, March sowings flower late May to June.
Sow into plug trays ideally to prevent root disturbance, or seedling trays.
Germination takes 7-10 days at 20-24oC, when sown onto an open seed-sowing compost.
Light is required for germination (10 hours at 10 ftc (108 lux) is sufficient), and to stop the seedlings from stretching.
- Keep the germinating seedlings moist at all times.
- Once the seed-leaves (coyledons) have emerged, begin liquid-feeding the young seedlings, and gradually reduce the soil moisture, to prevent stretching of the young plants.
- Throughout the culture, high light levels and moderate temperatures (10-15 oC) will encourage a compact habit.
- After around 5 weeks the young plants are ready for transfer into 6- or 9-packs, or 8cm pots, or else can be grown on in cell trays then used for baskets and containers
- Grow on and gradually harden off for planting outside after last frost.
- ?Try sowing into plug trays two seeds per station. This will save pricking off later.
Suitable for the garden, allotments and containers.
Be prepared to water well and supplement feed with high-potash feed during season. Regular feeding is recommended.